Normal circumstances or not, the challenger must convince voters that he is a reasonable alternative to a failing incumbent. Romney has a few months left to do that.
He could do a lot worse than the these ten points from the article linked below to get our country moving in the right direction again.
- Extend the Bush tax cuts for one year
- Arrange for mortgage forgiveness
- Impose a moratorium on new regulations not urgently needed to save lives
- End crony capitalism
- Break up the big banks
- End the madness that lets bankers totter off with giant bonuses
- Make wealth and success respectable again
- Treat small businesses as the valuable wealth and job creators that they are
- Get health care reform right
- Attack the deficit
- Move against trading “partners” who live off sales to Americans but restrict access to their own markets. And those who steal our intellectual property.
- Save entitlements
Unemploy Obama | The Weekly Standard