Sunday, March 3, 2013

Evernote Hacked: 50 Million Passwords Reset | Associated Press

When I checked email this morning I saw an email from Evernote in my Inbox notifying me of this security breach and advising me to change my password. I did so immediately. Then I checked my Evernote account and nothing seems missing or out of place.

It is situations like this that make me grateful that I switched to a password manager over a year ago. Because I use a password manager I only had to change one password on one website since I have a unique password with each online account.

This is the first time that I have received a direct advisory to change my password but I've changed my password in the past whenever I hear of a security breach such as Linked In even though I had no reason to believe I was affected.

Since all my passwords are unique, I never have to worry about my account security at other websites so I change one password and forget it.

One and done!

If you don't have a unique password for each online account, you really should implement that policy. And to do that, you need password manager.

Try it. You'll like it.

News from The Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment